Guest Post From my Sister- Book Review on Shenandoah Sisters Book 1

2:36 PM

 Hi everyone! This is Korin, Kara's sister.
I am going to do a book review on "Angels Watching Over Me," the first book in the Shenandoah Sisters series by Michael Phillips.

   Angels Watching Over Me, Shenandoah Sisters Series #1       Mary Ann "Mayme" Jukes is a young African-American slave girl living in Shenandoah County, in North Carolina, in the 1860s. When marauding outlaw Confederate soldiers kill her family, she escapes to Rosewood, another plantation owned by the white family of Kathleen "Katie" Clairborne. Here, Mayme finds more devastation; 15-year-old Katie is the only person left alive. The girls become friends and together vow to run the plantation and keep the adults' deaths a secret until Katie comes of legal age to own the debt-ridden property.


My thoughts:
I love this book!!!!!!! It's so exciting and there is a lot of action in it. I especially liked that they were always talking about God. You're always saying, "Just the next chapter; then I'll be done reading," but you end up reading the next chapter, and the next, and the next!

You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. OOhhh thanks for this review! I was thinking of getting this book so I think I will now =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's really amazing book! I haven't read it in ages, but I think I'm going to soon... :)

      Delete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8