The Tongue

11:26 AM



For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by mankind, but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God. From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so. Does a spring pour forth from the same opening both fresh and salt water?
(James 3:7-11 ESV)


When I read the verse ^ this morning I got good bumps-why? Because it really got me thinking! 
Why do I pray to God and then but a little while later yell at my brothers or sisters? 
Like the verses say, "these things ought not be so." 
It's like a stream bringing forth clean and pure water and that's everyone's water supply but then someone dumps dirt and garbage into the water and it becomes gross and disgusting and no one can drink it! 
Our mouth is that stream and the water is our words. God doesn't like our water muddy (or as the verse says, salty)!!!!! 


You Might Also Like

0 of your thoughts

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8