Starving-what it means to us and what it means to them

12:35 PM

Do you ever say, "I'm starving!" 
I think that is something commonly said and to us it means we haven't eaten in a few hours but seriously think about it, we aren't starving! We are only a little hungry!
I looked up starving in the dictionary and here is what I found:

Starve verb, starved,starv·ing.
verb (used without object)
1.
to die or perish from lack of food or nourishment.
2.
to be in the process of perishing or suffering severely fromhunger.
3.
to suffer from extreme poverty and need.
4.
to feel a strong need or desire: The child was starving foraffection.
5.
Chiefly British Dialect to perish or suffer extremely from cold.


Ok so now that we know the definition think about it...
We aren't really starving when we have just eaten two hours ago or so.
I also looked up the top ten poorest countries in the world and here is the list:

Sierra Leone

Niger

Central African Republic

Somalia

Guinea Bissau

Liberia

Burundi

Congo

Zimbabwe

People all over the world are starving-USA, Europe, Mexico, EVERYWHERE! 
We are truly blessed and sometimes I think we forget how blessed we are!

                             it's heartbreaking

                                           I have no words... :(



You Might Also Like

3 of your thoughts

  1. Wow. Those pictures made me sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree COMPLETELY with this post..thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8