True Beauty

3:05 PM

Why can't we be perfect? Why aren't I perfect? 

We look in the mirror and wonder why our face has so many zits or why our teeth aren't white enough or why we can't get all As in school. 
We all struggle with it and I don't think anyone of us can say, "Nope, never even thought about not being beautiful."
One of the highest votes on my poll so far is "Thinking you are not beautiful," so I know I'm not the only one out there! 
Talia from Girlz of God  said something on a post about a year ago that I really liked, What is it about the mirror that has us believing that we're not good enough? Maybe it's not just the mirror...maybe it's partially the opinions, words, and actions of peers, friends, guys, and family when they're around you. Maybe it's partially the media - telling us who's worthy and who's not, what you should look like, and guaranteeing that "if you buy this, or lose this, or get that, or be like her, or get him to like you, you'll be forever happy." Maybe  we laugh them off, telling ourselves, "I'm beautiful. Real beauty comes from within," but not really believing it. " 

Profound!
The internet, music, magazines and the world tell us that to be beautiful it means having the popular friends, the coolest clothes, listening to popular music etc. 
It is so easy to be like the world-we can easily slip into it without meaning to but God has something to say about being like the world. 
:)"...do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.... Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good." Romans 12:2, 9

"Friendship with the world is enmity to God." James 4:4


True Beauty is being the girl after God's heart and not looking at our outward appearance. 

When we tell God we don't like ourselves we are telling him we don't like what he created. 
God is perfect and He didn't make a mistake when he made us. 
To Him we are...
His princess
a jewel
He loves us-He loves you!!!!!
Just sit and think about that-He---loves ----you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is God amazing or what? 



(The first pic is from my all day photo shoot and the other two I do not own)













You Might Also Like

1 of your thoughts

  1. Great post Kara- so very true.I struggle with this so much. Thanks for this wonderful reminder!!! :) Great quotes and verses too!!

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.