A Bible Study by Britt

1:23 PM

I've decided to join up in Britt's Weekly Bible Study she is doing over on her blog.  Enjoy!


TEXT HERE

This week's dovo by Britt was on confidence and was so encouraging! Here is what she posted. :)




     
The word confidence means full trust; a belief in one's powers or abilities; and a confidential communication.

Our confidence is grown out of our dependence upon God. Confidence means to have trustworthiness, a reliability or a belief in one's powers or abilities. Our confidence should not be reliant upon our abilities, but upon the Lord.

Here are some lines from the book that I'm reading on confidence that stood out to me that might help you with confidence...

"Maybe your life consists of people whose approval you crave, who rule all of your decisions and who bind your life to their lives. If they approve of it, you do it, and if they don't like it, you don't. You may be so addicted to getting your approval from other people that you let everyone else run your life, and you're too afraid to confront them and stand up to them. Are you ready to say "I've had enough of this! And I am ready to step out with confidence and follow God fully!"

Throughout my life I have always sought what others thought of me and didn't feel loved because I wasn't approved by everyone. Some didn't seem to accept me and include me in and it made me feel inferior and lowered my self esteem. By doing this, I became less confident in myself and in God. But we shouldn't let others push us down or make us feel inadequate. God created us all the same and we should all treat each other the same- no person is better than another. 

Here are a few other quotes from the book-
"Confident people do not concentrate on their weaknesses, they develop and maximize their strengths."

"Most of the people who are huge successes failed on their way to success. Instead of allowing mistakes to stop you, let them train you."

"Confident people do not worry because they see the future differently than a those who are worriers. They confidently believe that with God's help they can do whatever they need to do no matter what it is. Their positive attitude enables them to expect good things in the future."

Questions:
1. What is your definition of confidence. To me confidence is trusting someone or something.  Like trusting God to do the right thing in your life and doing what he says. 
2. List some things our society put confidence in. Now read the following passages: Psalm 71:5-8 and Phil. 3:2-9. How would you describe the difference between the confidence which comes from the world and the confidence we have in Christ?
Our world puts confidence is Beauty, money, fashion, music and so much more! 
Our world has confidence in things that will not encourage us nor help us grow closer to God and his word. If we put our trust in God we are believing in something that will not pass away or fade.  
3. What area in your life do you lack confidence in? I lack confidence in so much! One of the major things is speaking up. I lack the confidence to ask questions because I'm afraid of what people will think. 
4. How do you think we best overcome our lack of confidence? Prayer and trusting in God! Without God we will have no confidence what so ever. 
5. What are some verses that stand out to you relating to confidence? are there any that have boosted your self confidence?  One of my fave verses about having confidence and trusting God is Proverbs chapter three verses 5 and 6.


                 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways submit     to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
6. Why do you feel confidence is important in a person's life? Without confidence you will be always scared. Think about it-without confidence in God we are unstable in all that we do!
7.  How confident do you think you are (rank from 1-10, 10 being the highest) I would say I'm maybe 7 and a half. :D
8. Would your friends describe you as a confident person?
I think they would say I'm  confident in some areas and not so much in others 
9. Do you think there is a difference between confidence and arrogance? Totally!
10. Have you had trouble with confidence in your life before?  Yes! So much have I lacked confidence to do what is right!







You Might Also Like

1 of your thoughts

  1. Thanks so much for linking up and posting this. Your answers were AMAZING!! thanks so much for taking time to do this!! I so do appreciate it and I totally have trouble with the same things you mentioned!! Great post!!!!

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.