Christmas Countdown:Helping Others This Christmas

4:28 PM

As we celebrate this Holiday Season I often think about ways I can help others and spread the gospel.
There actually is a lot more we can do then you think! Here is just a few ideas on what we as Christians can do to help others:

1.  Always keep Christian tracts with you when you go places-I keep some in my purse or backpack to leave places such as a bench, in a Library book, etc. Who knows who you may encourage. Even though you won't know for sure if someone read it you are still spreading the gospel.

2.  Sponsor a child through World Vision or Compassion. Sponsoring a child means you have a certain girl or boy in another country where you will send a certain amount of money each month to help them and also get to send letters and small packages to them. (More info here)

3.  There is an awesome thing through World Vision where you knit sweaters for Children and World Vision will give them to kids in other countries. If only I knew how to knit... ;)

4. give a gift anonymously to someone in church or your community

5.  Make an action pack for persecuted Christians. (go here for more info)

These are just some of the ways you can spread the gospel this Christmas. Right now me and my family are currently sponsoring a girl from Ethiopia through Compassion which is an amazing experience! We send her letters each month and it is awesome to find out more about her!
I've also left tracts in certain places while shopping a few weeks back and I actually looked a few hours later and saw them gone. I don't know if they were thrown away or read but I hope to encourage others. :)


Do you have any other ideas on how we can help others? I would love to see your thoughts in a comment! :)
Have a blessed day everyone!

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. Thanks for the reminder... love it! : ) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Kara!!! I have nominates you for the Sunshine Award on my blog!!!
    Congratulations!!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.