Operation Christmas Child

1:27 PM

Operation Christmas Child

Have you ever heard of Operation Christmas child? If you don't keep reading, I'll explain but if so then you can still get a sneak peek into our shoe box this year. ;)
For all those who don't know about operation Christmas child it is this: You use a standard shoe box or if you want one of those plastic ones and fill it with items such as the in the picture below:


You get to choose if your box will be given to a girl or boy and then the age range...

operation christmas child

Of course there is a small fee of $7 but this will only help ship your box to another country so a child in places such as Africa, Bolivia etc can receive it. 

Pack your box....


And then take it to a church drop off where they will help get it where it needs to go. 
This is an amazing way to help other children and make an impact in their lives during the Christmas season. Me and my family have done this as long as I can remember and I never get tired of filling the boxes with toys and goodies. It is an amazing feeling as you fill those boxes!!!
If you want to do this you will have to wait till next year (dropping off your box ends soon) but you can go ahead and start preparing your box/es for next year.  For more info (such as the rules on what you can/can't use for your box and drop off locations) go here.

Have you ever done Operation Christmas child before?
Have an amazing day everyone!

Hope  for children around the world -- Operation Christmas Child.
Picture Via Pinterest

You Might Also Like

3 of your thoughts

  1. That sounds like so much fun! I hope to do it next year. :D
    Hmm... I'm guessing you are/did pack for a girl, who is 5-9 years of age. Am I right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is tons of fun! :)
      Actually we did a 2-4 year old but you were close. :D

      Delete
  2. Hi, I tagged you on my blog!
    http://mandylivelylife.blogspot.com/2012/11/another-tag.html

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8