Be an Encouragement

7:12 PM

Philippians 2:3I love reviving that encouraging card from a friend that says, "Thinking of you," getting an encouraging verse in an e-mail or those special phone calls. When I get this little encouragement (no matter how small) I feel richly blessed. To the encourager it may simply be just a little verse they passed on or a little card but to the person they encouraged it may be everything!
God speaks of encouraging others in the Bible:







"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." 





1 Thessalonians 5:11











Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.  






Hebrews 10: 23-25







Encouragement can't always fix whats going on in our hectic lives but the encouragement from a friend gives us hope and strength throughout our day. I was reading in a devotional and it said something about encouragement that's really true , "Encouragement. Doesn't sound like much, but it's everything." Encouragement is something so simple and yet it can brighten a person's whole day! I encourage you to encourage others daily, it doesn't always have to be in words but in something as simple as a smile.





You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. Hi, Kara! I tagged you on my blog http://theflightofmusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kara! This is a really great post... I want to go write some cards for some friends right now! :) Keep up the good work!

    ~HaleyS.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8