Interview of the Month: Kara (aka Klarabelle)

1:05 PM


Today I am pleased to announce my first interview on Saved by Grace...

Kara (aka Klarabelle)!






I really enjoyed doing this interview with her and I am so excited to share it with you!



Tell us a little bit about yourself:
 Well, my name is Kara... (Yes, like the Kara who is interviewing me! But I'm not the same Kara... obviously :)) though in the blogosphere I occasionally go by "Klarabelle" as you will find me at my blog, Klarabelle Candy. :) I'm a Christian who loves her Lord and Savior. I am so thankful for Jesus giving His life for me so that I could have a relationship with God... I hope to learn more about Him and love Him more and more as I read His Bible and pray. I also enjoy writing (novels) and blogging... but now I'm getting ahead of the questions!

What are some of your hobbies? For as long as I can remember, I have loved to write stories. When I was 9 years old, my mom read me The Chronicles of Narnia, which inspired me to write about my own Narnia-like world called Cunburra. Writing is still my passion today, many years later. :) 
I also enjoy music. Over the past several years I discovered my love of Broadway musicals, so I enjoy singing musical songs (as well as other songs). I also like to play piano and a learning guitar. :) 

What is some random facts about you? Ooh, random facts! I love those! Let's see...

My socks are black with blue stripes. Or blue, with black stripes.
I painted my toenails orange.
Enough about feet and socks... 
When walking downstairs (to the computer which I am now using to write this) I accidentally brought down my container of colored pens. The said "container" is a stocking with an owl on it. I like owls...
I have 2 pet mice (and their names are Mocha and Zinzindorf...in case you were wondering...).
Today the lamp shocked my hand...
I don't like to answer the phone.
I like the color turquoise.
I like the color red, too.
I also like the color purple.

Who is one of your role models? Ooh, good question! :) Well, I can't think of someone right off the top of my head, so I'll go with someone from the Bible. When I was a little kiddo, my mom read me a (historical fiction) book about Stephen, the first Christian martyr. I really admire his faith and courage. In general I am a pretty fearful person, so it is inspiring (and challenging) for me to think about the many Christians (particularly Stephen) who died painful deaths for their faith in Christ. I hope that one day if I am faced with similar persecution, God will give me the courage to react as many of the early Christians, and Christians who are persecuted in the world today, react... with faith and bravery. 

When did you start blogging? I started blogging in fall of 2011.
  
What kind of posts do you write on your blog "Klarabelle Candy"?  Great question! Well, I post about a variety of subjects on my blog, but a few of my more common topics are book or movie reviews, random retellings of strange happenings in my life (like melted cookies), an article / post about the Bible or another popular topic (such as abortion), shopping and musicals. :) 

What are the books you've published about? Thanks for asking! :) My first book, Tales of Cunburra and Other Stories is a collection of short stories which for the most part are about a Narnia-like world called Cunburra, where the Great Buffalo King Rocky, as well as a dragon named Daradel, and a red-haired teenager are central characters. I wrote nearly all of Tales of Cunburra when I was 9 years old and I had the opportunity of publishing the stories when I was being treated for cancer in England. A charity called Dreams Come True asked what my dream was, and I knew the answer right away - I had always dreamed of being a published author! The charity and a self-publisher were able to work together to get my stories published into a book! I am so thankful for the opportunity they granted me. :) My second book, a children's novel called The Duck That Wasn't Really a Duck I wrote several years later. This story, set in England, and narrated by a number of different characters, tells the tale of a ten-year-old boy named Henry who comes from an unhappy family. His only delight is spending time with his dog, Rex, and watching his dog chase the little ducklings that have just hatched. One day, Henry's dog accidentally kills a little duckling! When trying to hide the evidence, Henry topples into the river and when he wakes up... he finds that he has turned into a duck! :) This book was published with the help of a self-publisher for young authors. For more information about my books, you can check out my website, www.karasiert.com .


Do you plan on publishing more stories in the future? Lordwilling, yes! I have actually finished another book, but I'm not sure when I will be finished editing it. 

What kind of stories do you enjoy writing? I enjoy writing stories that contain a large element of action and adventure. I also hope to make my characters memorable and relatable to the reader. The book I am currently working on is a bit of a romance. 

When did you become a Christian? I prayed to receive Christ when I was almost 5 years old, but off and on for the next seven (or so) years, seriously doubted my salvation. I finally realized that I needed to trust God and have faith in Him that He would keep His promise in Romans 10:13 that, "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved." (NKJV version) 

What is your favorite story in that Bible that really inspires and encourages you? Hmmm... that's a good question! I guess I'll go with the account of Stephen, his ministry and his death. 

What are your views on courtship and dating? Whew, that's a big topic! My family has chosen to use courtship because we think it is a safer and more Biblical approach to guy/girl relationships. Courtship helps the family to be involved in the relationship. Also, in courtship, the father is able to screen potential suitors. However, no matter what title - dating or courtship - is given to the process of potentially finding a spouse, one's heart has to be right.

<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><>

Thanks so much for doing this Kara!
You guys, can check out her awesome blogs below:

Klarabelle Candy

For the Good of the Book

Have an awesome day everyone!

You Might Also Like

1 of your thoughts


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.