Am I that Role Model?

1:40 PM



One of the things I really want to be is a role model-

I want people to see Jesus' light through me
I want to be that Godly example to other young ladies.

"Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in 
love, in faith, in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12 

God calls us to be examples to be Godly examples to our brothers and sisters in Christ- showing them Christ in our actions and words.
I often forgot that I need to be that example, that people are actually there watching my actions and the words I speak.
I had a pretty good reminder that they are a few weeks back...

I was at a Roller Rink for a cousins birthday party and recognized a girl I'd seen before. We talked for awhile and I got to know her a little better. Right before we left she came up to me. "You're different," she said. "In a good way, you're different then most people I've met."

I truly pray that "being different" was the Lord shining through me!

I think as Christians and young woman (and men if you are out there reading this) that we need to be examples for Christ. People are really out there seeing how we act. Hopefully when they see us, they see Christ.
Together, let's be those role models for Jesus Christ!


You Might Also Like

1 of your thoughts

  1. Wow, that's so cool that that girl came up to you and noticed that you were different- what an awesome complement!! I loved the post and I feel the same way!! thanks for posting Kara!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8