Photography Tips// Guest post of the month from Emma

7:23 PM


Photography Tips // A Guest Post by Emma

Hey There!

My name is Emma, and I'm 11 years old.  I dream of being a photographer when I grow up, so I thought I would do a post with some photography tips. :)

1. Use Angles :: Sometimes a plain photo that is just straight, looking directly towards the subject can get quite boring to look at.  A lot of times, this kind of photo is needed, but at other times angles can be really handy.  Shoot from the side, above, or even under the subject.  Just be sure you don't get too carried away with it. ;)

2. Shoot in Manual :: This took me a while to figure out (like 8 or 9 months), but then I read a book on photography, and the author said to always shoot in manual mode.  While some point and shoot cameras don't have this feature, most "fancy" cameras do.  It takes longer to focus on what you want it to, but believe me -- you will notice a huge difference between your photos taken in automatic mode and ones taken in manual mode.

3. Experiment :: Be sure you experiment with different settings on your camera, different props, different exposures, and different...well, everything!  I can't tell you how important it is to do so.  Don't think you have to photograph a certain way -- just experiment and you might find that you like something better than you did before!

These are just three of several important photography tips.  If you want to get into portrait photography, I'd recommend reading "A Beginners Guide to Portrait Photography" by Lauren Hope.  She has a bunch of good tips in there.

I hope you enjoyed my guest post -- thanks to Kara for letting me post!





You Might Also Like

0 of your thoughts

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8