Book Review// Outcast

11:15 AM

Hola everyone!
I recently got the book Outcast free from Tyndale house publishing for free (pretty cool right?). So anyway, today I'm going to do a book review on it. :)

 The Outcast  -     
        By: Jolina Petersheim

Title and Author: Outcast by, Jolina Petersheim 
Rating: *** three stars
Pages:400
Bad Stuff: well the main character commits adultery which is wrong but doesn't give description  
Age group: Older teen through adult 

About The Book:
 Raised in an Old Order Mennonite community, Rachel Stoltzfus is a strong-willed single woman, content living apart from mainstream society until whispers stir the moment her belly swells with new life. Refusing to repent and name the partner in her sin, Rachel feels the wrath of the religious sect as she is shunned by those she loves most. She is eventually coerced into leaving by her brother-in-law, the bishop.
(Description taken from CBD)

My Thoughts:
I thought the book was OK though I can't say I enjoyed it (I'm more of a wild west girl myself). It seemed to drag on at times with nothing exciting happening. Rachel (the main character) commits adultery and knows it's sin but doesn't come clean until the end of the book.
I've read some Mennonite books and I think everything about what they do, their rules, etc was pretty accurate and the book itself was well written but I don't think I would recommend it if you like lots of action though, but if you like these types of books, probably. :)
I think it's mainly for older teens and adults because of the talk of adultery and just how the story was written. 

I got it free and it's always awesome to get free stuff so that was a bonus so overall I give this book three stars. :) 

                           

                                                   

You Might Also Like

0 of your thoughts


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.