Book Review: The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt

8:12 AM

 Title: The Reinvention of Skylar Hoyt 

Author: Stephanie Morrill 
Age Rate: 14+
Bad Stuff: Minor talk of sex (when Skylar's sister becomes pregnant), drugs, boyfriends and some kissing
Pages: Around 256 
Rating: Four Stars 

About the Book:
Welcome to the world of Skylar Hoyt, a high school senior whose exotic Hawaiian looks have propelled her to the height of the "in" crowd, but who's no longer sure that's where she really fits. New friends, old friends, a reluctant romance, and a family crisis swirl around Skylar as she tries to keep it together and figure out who she really wants to be.

My Thoughts:
Skylar is a teenager who deals with drugs, friends, boyfriends and her parents who's marriage seems completely broken. Through these two books Stephanie Morrill allowed me to see the life of a teen in public school. I saw how my life was (as a home schooler) compared to her's and it really blew me away. The book is well written and I was caught up into Skylar's life. I felt for Skylar's sister Abbie when she became pregnant and was excited when Skylar began finally seeing how Jesus works. 

A good book for teens and young adults to read! 

You Might Also Like

4 of your thoughts

  1. I have only read the first book, but it was sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this review, it sounds really good and I need more books to read! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read all three of these books. Actually, I just finished the third one today. :) I wish Stephanie Morrill had more about God in them, but they're pretty awesome. Which one was your favorite?

    http://teensliveforjesus.blogspot.ru/2015/03/me-just-different-by-stephanie-morrill.html
    http://teensliveforjesus.blogspot.ru/2015/03/out-with-in-crowd-by-stephanie-morrill.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh my favorite was probably the second (I have yet to read the third), and I agree - I wish they had more about God because He should totally play a BIG part in the characters' lives and the plot!
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8