Fear Holds You Back

12:10 PM





For awhile now I've tried teaching my youngest sister how to ride her bike without training wheels and this is how our conversation went....

Me: Come on, Kailin-get on the bike
Kailin: I can't! I'm scared I'll fall!
Me: It's OK Kailin, I'm right here-if you start to fall I'll be there to catch you
Kailin *shaking her head*: I can't-I could still fall
Me: But I'm right here and I won't leave you. If you start to fall I will catch you.

It turns out that Kailin was still too scared and we stopped for the day, though I think she is learning to trust that I'll try to help her if she begins to fall.

As I set thinking about this and what I should write on a thought came to me- this incident is somewhat how we are with God. He has a plan for our lives, some things that are far out of our comfort zone and a lot of the time we want to question God on why in the world He is giving us something "to hard" to do.
The truth is, God does this for a reason-He has a plan and all we have to do is trust. He isn't going to leave us and even though we may make mistakes and start to fall, He'll be there to pick us back up.

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. " Deuteronomy 31:8 

Fear often holds us back from doing what God has planned for our lives and we often forget that He's there and will never, ever leave. 

"The LORD is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1 

The Lord is here with you-to guide, help, encourage and make you a whole new person-all you have to do is trust that He knows what's best for our life.  

You Might Also Like

0 of your thoughts

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8