It's Too Easy To Judge

11:47 AM

Let's face it - it's way to easy to judge someone! How many times have we judged someone by the books the read, if or if they don't go to church, the music they like, their clothing style, their likes and dislikes or they way they act around you and others? 

"Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.” John 7:24

It's way to easy to quickly decide if or if not you like that person and what they're like. 
I admit it - I judge people. I judge people by just a glance or one word they say. It's wrong and it's something God commands us not to do, but think about - when you have quickly think someone thing bad about someone you don't even know, do you even think, I'm judging this person?
It's so easy to skip over that thought! I mean it's a lot easier to assume, then find out, right? 

 Matthew 7:2-4 
 For you will be treated as you treat others.The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged. “And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye?


I learned this verse a couple years ago in my home schooling and now looking it, it's like, woah! Judging someone is so easy but we quickly forget to even look at our own hearts. How we act and think. It seems so much more easier to judge someone else then look at our own lives and actions!

It's easy to judge someone, but have no idea what that person is going through at that exact moment - what trials they may be facing, challenges they're going through. A lot could be going on in their lives that we have no clue about.  They may not know Jesus, the love of a loving Savior, so instead of judging, we need to remember to show them the love of our heavenly Father!

"But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7 




You Might Also Like

0 of your thoughts


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.