Going Deeper

10:50 AM


You see someone who looks nerdy, "odd", covered in tattoos, etc, etc, etc and what is the easiest thing to do? Judge. 
It's so easy to see someone who looks "different" and immediately not dig deeper to find out about them.  

Let me explain though, what I mean about digging deeper..... 

What I mean by going deeper, is that it's so easy to judge and just use our own thoughts and actions as the truth. By glancing at someone we have only just met or someone we've never even talked too, it's easy to assume we know who they are just be simply seeing them from the distance. I admit, this is one of the my weaknesses.  I find it so easy to just scrape the surface and assume how a person is dressed, whether they go to church or not, etc, is to conclude who they are inside - the place where God knows all about us. 

1 Samuel 16: 7
 "But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

It's so easy to judge, whether then go below the surface, but it's something we have to do, because we do not know that person's status - what they're life is like and the trials they are facing, without really getting to know them. 
I know this is a had thing to do (talking to a person and getting to know them better, instead of judging), because frankly, I don't do it all the time, even though I know I should. It's so easy to judge someone then talk to them or find out about them, but it's well worth it! 

Matthew 7:1
"Do not judge." 


John 7:24
"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."






You Might Also Like

1 of your thoughts

  1. Thanks for posting this! I REALLY struggle with this, and this post definitely encouraged me to not be so quick to judge, but to 'dig deeper' and see who they really are! :)

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.