Interview Of The Month// Talia

3:34 PM

 Everyone,
yes it's that time again - another interview of the month. This month's interview is from Talia - an amazing blogger and writer and such a sweet person! I really enjoyed doing this interview with her. :)



Tell us a little bit about yourself:
Well, hi! I'm Talia, pronounced Tal-yuh with two syllables. I'm a homeschooled teen with a love for reading and a passion for writing and photography. I'm a dreamer, a Les Miserables fan, a pasta-eater, and most important of all, I'm a child of God. Jesus Christ is my Savior and best friend, and I don't know what I'd do without Him ♥. 

What are some of your hobbies?
I really enjoy writing, reading, blogging, photography, volleyball, swimming, playing instruments, listening to music, going to youth group, and hanging out with my amazing family and friends :).

What are some random facts about you?
Ooh! I like this question. Haha! :) Well, for starters, I played Tweedle Dee in the play "Alice in Wonderland," and I got to wear a pillow to make me look like I had an abnormally large belly. That being said, I decided to name my "fat" (the pillow) Estiban! Another random fact...I go through food phases, where I really like a certain food, and I eat it a lot. I've gone through multiple different food phases...pickles, yogurt with berries, carrots, pears, tuna sandwiches, and Italian Style Wedding Progresso soup. A final random fact (although there are many more)...I read a lot of books in bed, and then I get too lazy to put them back on my bookshelf, so the pile of books on my bed just multiplies until I'm sharing my bed with 9-10 books!    

Who is your role model?
First of all (and most importantly), Jesus Christ. There is no better role model than Him! I would have absolutely no hope without Him, and I am amazed at the fact that He would die for me. He is literally too amazing for words.
Secondly, my parents. They encourage me in my faith and help keep my grounded, and they really show Jesus through their marriage and lives. I don't know what I'd do without them.
My sister Haley is also a great role model for me. She loves Jesus very much and wants so badly to follow Him and show Him in every aspect of her life. I love her more than words can say and don't know what I'd do without her. She is my best friend, confidant, and the one who I can be myself around. 
The last role model I'll mention (although there are more) is one of my best friends, Sarah. She is so on fire for the Lord, and she loves Him so much. She is also committed to purity, which is so awesome to see in a teen. She gives me good advice from a godly perspective and listens when I need to talk. I am so thankful for her.   

 
Let's talk about your published books: 
What are they about? My first self-published book, "Girlz of God," is a devotional book for tween/teen girls I wrote a few years ago. It's a compilation of devotionals I wrote on my blog, as well as devotionals I wrote specifically for the book. It also has interviews and book reviews. It was (and still is) my hope that teen girls would grow closer to God (or come to know Him) through "Girlz of God." My second book, "Tania's Faith," is a book I wrote while participating in NaNoWriMo (which, by the way, is a wonderful thing to participate in!). It is about a girl named Tania who angrily flees from her home after her father announces his plans to remarry. Exhausted, she falls asleep next to a mysterious river. Before she knows what's happening, she finds herself falling into the river in her sleep! When she emerges from beneath the water's surface, she is no longer in Kentucky, but in a strange land called Laeramire, where animals talk, evil lurks, and people hide secrest that could change the course of her life forever. (Dum, dum, duhhhhhhhh!)
Do you plan on publishing anymore books? 
I'd really, really like to, but I'll see what God has in store for me :).  

What song really inspires you?
Multiple songs inspire me, but one that comes to mind right now is "Believe Me Now" by Steven Curtis Chapman. It is such a good reminder that God is with me and God is for me. 

What is your favorite Bible verse and why?
It's hard to pick just one! I love Jeremiah 29:11-13. It is so awesome to know that God has a good plan for my life. I also really like 2 Corinthians 4:8-9, Psalm 28:7, Hebrews 13:8, and Psalm5:11-12, to name a few. 

Now let's talk about your blog, "Girlz of God":
When did you start blogging?
I can't remember the exact date, but I believe it was four years ago. I wanted a place to post my thoughts and photography, and I also really had (and still have) a passion for encouraging girls in their faith.

What is the main goal of your blog?
To encourage and strengthen girls in their faith, and to introduce them to Jesus if they don't know Him already.

Do you plan on continuing your blog in the future?
I'll see what God has in store, but I would really like to. I love blogging. It's become a part of me!


When did you become a Christian?
When I was three years old, I asked Jesus to come into my heart. While I knew what I was doing, I don't think I understood it to a full extent. When I was eight or nine, I remember walking into my bedroom and praying, "God, I need you." I fully understood what it meant to become a Christian at that point.

What are your views on courtship and dating?
I am a big advocate for courtship, although I'd rather call it "dating with a purpose" :). I posted my thoughts on it last year HERE, which I hope you'll check out :). (please note: I said in the post that I'd like to wait until I'm out of college to even consider romantic relationships, but now I'm thinking I'll just see what God has in mind for me! :))

Thanks so much for doing this Talia!


You Might Also Like

0 of your thoughts


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.