Love? Are You Serious?

2:33 PM




We say, "I love you", probably at least once a day, maybe more, if not that probably every two days. We say, "bye, I love you," to family members on the phone, "love ya lots", to friends over e-mails, IMs, or letters. "I love you" to a family member going to work or school... I think you get my point.  If you're like me, you say I love you a lot! About two or three times a day - maybe even to the same person!
The thing is, we may say I love you, but do we know the true meaning of love? Do we ever go beyond the part of saying I love you?
Saying I love you and acting it out is two different things. It's like getting a college education, just to say you have one - there's really no point, unless you go farther then just saying it.
Does this make sense, or am I rambling on? This has really been on my heart for awhile now. I feel as if we sometimes only say things, but never really act it out.
Don't get me wrong - saying I love you is awesome and amazing, (it shows the person you say it to that they have someone is this big world who cares for them), but we also have to act out what we say.
We can say I love you, but are we really showing our love through our actions and the words we speak. Do we really love in our hearts?

John 15:12
“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends." 

Love isn't just saying it - it's living it out in our daily lives for Jesus Christ. It's living the way Jesus tells us to. 
Love isn't  just about loving our friends and family, but loving those who've hurt us, and haven't been our friends. Love isn't just saying it, but never really living it out.

Romans 12:9
"Love must be sincere."

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Love isn't about how much we say it, or if we even say it at all! It's about living it out in our daily lives, being patient and loving to those around us... just read above (1 Corinthians 13"4-8) to see what God says about love in the Bible. 
Have an amazing day, and God bless you! 


You Might Also Like

1 of your thoughts

  1. Oh wow. I love this post. It really challenged me. I know sometimes, I do just use it as a cliche thing because it is "the right thing to say". Thanks for stopping and making me think. :)

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.