the winner for my naming contest and a review

4:48 PM

Everyone,
does anyone remember my name that kitten contest? I'm guess you don't, so if I'm right go here, but if I'm wrong and you do, read and and find out the winner. ☺



The winner of the name that kitten contest is................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Maddi. One of the names she entered was "Ranger", and most of my family agreed Ranger would win. We decided on a different name for our kitten, though (no offense Maddi) because we though our kitten didn't hold the personality of a "ranger", but in the future if we have another kitten, that name will be on the top of my list.
Thanks to everyone who entered my contest!

Maddi, your blog button will be up on my sidebar until October 2nd. :)

Oh and the book review..............

Unveiling Grace: The Story of How We Found Our Way Out of the Mormon Church  -     
        By: Lynn K. Wilder

Unveiling Grace, by Lynn K. Wilder

About (taken from CBD.com):
For 30 years Lynn Wilder and her family lived, loved, and promoted the Mormon church---until her son came to know God personally through Christ. Telling her story of receiving the truth of God's grace, Wilder offers a rare look into Mormonism and why the differences between it and Christianity are so important---and life-changing

Pros: I didn't know to much about the Mormons before reading this book, and learned so much from the author. The writing was really good, the story inspiring, and really opened my eyes to the Mormons beliefs. Lynn. K. Wilder also didn't put the Mormons down for their beliefs, which was also a big encouragement.

Cons:
The book was a little long, so toward the end I was like, "phew, glad that's over with," but I guess because of all the info and stuff she had to write made it that long. Other then that, there's no cons. ☺

Overall....

overall I really have to say that book was really good! If you want to know more about Mormons from someone who use to be one - this book I would highly recommend. I got a clear picture of everything, without it being too boring and was left with an understanding about the mormons that I didn't have before. 

I would give this book 4 out of five stars. ****

Note.... I got this book free from booksneeze.com, but all thoughts were my own

You Might Also Like

1 of your thoughts

  1. I won? OOO, lovely. :)
    Anyway, I awarded you:
    http://katiesdollworld.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-elegant-trips-over-feet-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8