Worry - it does things to ya!

10:43 AM



I worry. A lot! I worry about tornados, people breaking into my house, if or if not I'm going to college, awkward moments, (more on awkward moments in a later post), when I should learn to drive and what if I fail the drivers test... and the economy... as you can see I have a lot of worries. I'm a very big worrier, and even though I know that you shouldn't worry, I do. 
We all worry about things, though you probably have different worries then I do and such, we still have worries. No matter how big or how little our worries are, they can ruin are relationship with God, our family and friends. 

What I've learned from worrying, is that worries can lead to more worries. I worry about bad storms, and that leads me to worry that if there is a bad storm a tree will fall on our house and if that tree falls on our house someone will get hurt or die. 
It can be a silly worry, like whether to wear that certain outfit or not (this one I've had countless times), but whatever it is, it's just like saying - "God, I don't trust you." This may seem kinda harsh, but when we worry we're not trusting God - that He's got a plan bigger then our own, and that everything is already planned out long before we even had time to worry about that worry, it's saying exactly that. 


Matthew 6:25
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Worry is not only telling God we don't trust Him, but it also weighs us down and can make us a lot more stressed then need be. I get stressed very easily, but what I have to remember is that God is there - in control, and never leaving us. When we have worries, stress, or whatever, we need to give it all to God. Ask God to just take our worry, and replace it with peace and trust that He's in control. 

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

You Might Also Like

1 of your thoughts

  1. Hey Kara! This was a great post and the verses you used really spoke to me. They're such a great reminder! I'm exactly like you, I tend to worry a LOT about seemingly stupid things! This was just what I needed to hear--thanks!!

    ~Haley

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.