I. Am. Content.

2:40 PM



This week as we were driving across the mountains to my Grandparents' house I realized how content I was. My family laughing and listening to Klove on the radio (static mostly starting to come in as we went into the higher parts of the mountains). We have amazing neighbors getting our mail and feeding the dog as we were gone. An amazing church family who we get to see almost every Sunday (except for sick days like last week... gah!)...
My family is by no means perfect - we have our faults, little fights (and big ones), misunderstandings and days when you want to scream, but that is no reason to not be content.
There is just so much to be thankful for!

I think being content is one of the best feelings you can have. It's a mixture of thankfulness, love, and being happy for what the Lord has given you. Being content doesn't mean you have a lot, or are perfect - it just means you are thankful for this life the Lord has provided us with.

Being content  is one of the best feelings. It makes me want to jump up and hug someone, to thank God, to blog about it. It's something that is a blessing to have, because being content doesn't have limits - it isn't something that can stop when everything is going wrong - it's something that can last a lifetime if you let it.


Philippians 4:11-13

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

You Might Also Like

1 of your thoughts

  1. Great post Kara! Yes being content is one of them most amazing feelings in the world. So many Christians seem uncontent with the life God has given them but we really shouldn't be this way! We have so much to thank God for! Thanks again for sharing =) Really enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.