Stress.

8:49 PM




My post title says it all. Stress has been my greatest struggle these past few days. School is catching up with me, worrying about things that need to be done, a story to look over and edit, letters to write... the list goes on, leaving me more stressed then ever. I think this week has been the most stressed I've ever been!
The thing with stress is, that it wears and tears you down. It leaves you exhausted and makes your head spin. When we put everything on ourselves it isn't good.


1 Peter 5:7
 Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Stress makes your situation worse and the thing we need to remember, is to cast everything to God - throw it at Him. God takes every situation, every stressful thing - and leave us with peace.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

I'm sure you've dealt with stressful things in your life - even the tiniest things. We've all been through that one thing that makes us want to sit and cry.

See, stress shows God you don't believe in control ( not being stressed itself, but letting the stress control your life).  It shows that you believe that the stressful things in your life are bigger then God, and you don't trust that He knows best.
Getting stressed over something and forgetting who is in control over everything is not a road we should take.

To avoid stress I've learned....

 to... say "no" to stuff that we're too busy for (like when you need to get stuff done in school and remember to say "no" to the parent who asks you to babysit for you that night)

to... give everything to God

to... make time for God (even if it's just for a few moments)

to... know that I should enjoy life and not stress over everything that God gives me (in other words be flexible)

So to sum it all up, stress is bad. Its not only head-spinning, and tiring, its not trusting God.
This is something I really need to word on!!!

Philippians 4:9 
And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. Awesome post Kara, thanks for the encouraging words- I totally could relate and needed them! :) Loved the Bible verses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really needed this, thanks Kara. <3

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.