Holding Onto The Moment

7:50 PM





I'm the kind of person who likes holding onto memories. Special times with family, conversations with close friends, special times spent at church... I just hold them close. I don't want to ever forget those special, and sometimes those once in a life time, moments.
The sunsets, meeting my friend for the first time, swimming with the family, special letters, finishing my story, birthdays, the Christmas play at church last year, babysitting some incredible kids... the list could go on.
Those funny memories, the memories that make you burn with embarrassment, the ones that make you laugh, and the ones where you feel like crying.

When I'm in that moment I want to hold onto it - I don't want to let it go. I guess that's what draws me to writing in my journal. I write about my day, and then years later I can go back and remember.
I can't describe that feeling when those memories are remembered. It's like stepping back in time. Even if it was a moment that was just last year I like remembering.
"Remember when...." is usually how it starts when I'm talking to someone about something special, or crazy I remember doing with them.
Me: "Remember when I took Dad's very bright flashlight at six o'clock in the morning, and spotlighted the neighbor across the street by accident when I needed something from the garage?"

My Sister: Yes, I remember. Remember when I..." and it continues on about her memory.




You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. Beautiful post! I can so relate. Memories are so precious to me. I always remember the little special things in life and I always just love looking back and laughing or smiling over that one memory =D It's a magical feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - memories are a magical feeling. :)
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8