I'm Not Perfect

1:00 PM


This may sound crazy, but I just realized... I'm not perfect. Sound crazy? Read on...
 We all know perfection is something we'll never have , but do we taken the time to admit that we aren't perfect? I haven't. I see people and compare myself to them. 
"She's so pretty! I wish I was beautiful."
"If only I had an iphone like everyone else...."
"Everyone's got it together..."
Ever since.... forever - I've known I'm not perfect. I make mistakes and mess up constantly, but I've just realized that I don't have to try and be perfect. I don't have to be in style to be amazing, I don't have to have a certain a hairstyle or get the latest iphone just because everyone else is. I'm not perfect, and I need to learn to be myself in a world that wants to pull you in all different directions. I need to follow Jesus - not strive to be better then everyone else. 




You Might Also Like

5 of your thoughts

  1. Amen, sister! I'm no where near perfection. I've got physical flaws & character flaws just like the rest of humankind. It's easy to fall into the compare pit - thanks for your honest words on this! Jesus is my perfection! =)
    Love,
    -Bess-
    P.S.: I've just got a simple tracfone - it doesn't even have a camera, but it gets the job done. Sometimes I feel so "out of it" cause I don't have a "fancy" phone, but then again we are called to be a peculiar people (Deuteronomy 14:2 KJB) that are different from the world - so it's just another way I'm living out that "peculiar" verse! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bess,
      thanks so much for your comment! It really made my day!
      I really like that verse you mention - I'm really working on being a person standing out for Jesus Christ.
      Thanks again!
      Kara

      Delete
  2. Praise the Lord!!! I have to remind myself of that so many times!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  3. Sweet post, Kara!

    As imperfect humans, I think it is hard for us to realize that we don't have to "have it all together" so long as we do our best and strive to learn from our mistakes, that's all He requires. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8