Jealously Eating Me Up

8:55 AM



Jealous - - - feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages.

I hate the feeling of jealousy. It tears me up, it eats away at my good feelings toward others. All this week I've been struggling with jealousy.  
I feel like I don't measure up with others, I feel as if others are that "normal teen" when I'm not. I feel as if life isn't how I want it. I'm jealous of the fact that people seem to always have/do amazing stuff but being from a big family I can't do that kind of stuff. 
It's wrong. I can't stand being jealous! It is one of the most horrible feelings ever. 

Jesus talks about jealousy in the Bible...

Proverbs 14:30 
A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh, but envy makes the bones rot.

When jealousy comes, it's not easy to get the feeling gone as it was for it to come into your heart. Jealousy sneaks up on you and it's so hard to take away. 
When all those feelings come the only thing I've found that helps is praying to God and reading my Bible -not focusing on what others have and I don't, but thinking of all the things that the Lord has given to me. 


Lord, give me a heart for you. Please Father, take away this jealous feeling I have in my heart. It is literally eating me up inside. Help me see your plan for my life. Amen. 

Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long. ~ Psalm 25:4-5

You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. Hey Kara,
    I've had this same feeling this week, too. I rarely felt like a "normal" teen growing up, either... I didn't go out & "party" or date or any of that kind of thing. Come to think of it, I don't find myself to be a normal "grownup," either {that seems crazy to write, but I pay my own bills, vote, & all that, so I guess it's true - I'm an adult}. But, God hasn't called us to be like the rest of em {i.e.: the world} - in fact, in His Word we're called to be a "peculiar people" - so, I guess I'm right on track with that - I pray you are, too. =) I'm mid-twentish & have yet to have a boyfriend {in fact, I've never even been kissed & I'm seeking to save that first for my future husband - seeing as how I've waited this long =)}. The majority of my small circle of friends are either much younger or much older than I. I may not fit in with the rest of the crowd & my story may not be as "fabulous" as the next girl's, but I know God's got a plan & I'm right where He wants me. He's got a plan for you, too, Kara - I know it! Don't worry if you're not like the rest of em - be relieved & live this life just how our heavenly Daddy made you to be: Kara with a capital K! To read my post about my struggle comparing myself to others this week visit this link:
    http://bessbag.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-compare-snare.html
    Love,
    -Bess-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bess,
      thank you so much commenting and your encouraging words! I think I'm pretty much on track with being different then everyone else - hopefully it's the kind of different God wants in His children.
      Thanks again for saying what you said! It made my day!
      God bless!
      Love,
      Kara

      Delete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8