My Family Favorites Reviews

1:42 PM

Hey everyone!
For awhile now, I've wanted to do some reviews (movies, books cds, etc), but since I've put a lot of them off for awhile, I'm just going to do a mass of reviews on one post. Today I'm going to post some movies (such as Abel's Field and Little Red Wagon), books (Gunpowder Tea, Undaunted Student Edition..), and cds (Peter Fuler and WOW 2013).
A lot of these reviews will be some of my family favorites, while others we don't recommend. Enjoy!

Movies....

Abel's Field, DVD   -   Movie Title: Abel's Field
                                                 Rating: ****
                                                Age It's For: Around 12+
About:
Seventeen-year-old Seth carries the weight of the world on his shoulders. Not only is he bullied by his football teammates at school, but since his father abandoned the family, he's under enormous pressure to support his little sisters. Will an after-school job and an unlikely friendship with the school groundskeeper provide the hope he needs? 

My Thoughts: My family loved this movie! It was full of inspiration, some moments where you felt like crying, and bonding moments with Abel and Seth. There was some weird scenes where Abel and an old woman are in the store, a scene in a bar (very brief), but over-all very good!

My family thought... it was a good family movie!

Little Red Wagon, DVD   -  Movie Title: Little Red Wagon
                                               Rating: **
                                               Age It's For: 12+

About:
 From the award-winning director of Hoosiers and Rudy comes the inspiring true story of an 8-year-old boy determined to make a difference in the world! Equipped with only a blazing spirit of generosity and a beat-up little red wagon, Zach sets out to help the 1.3 million homeless children in America---with amazing results. 

My Thoughts:
We were really disappointed with this movie. Language was an issue (the D word), the daughter dressed a little to immodestly to our our liking, and it lacked the inspiration the movie claimed to have (God wasn't mentioned at all). It was a good story over-all, with some touching messages (like how to make a difference in the world), but it wasn't as good as we would have liked.

My family thought... There was a good message to it, but the inspiration was lacking


Cds....

On Fire CD   -     
        By: Peter Furler
    
 CD title: On Fire
                                               Artist: Peter Fuler
                                               Rating: *****

My Thoughts: I got this CD for Christmas last year and I love it! The message of the songs are amazing, I love Peter Fuler's voice, and the upbeat music really get's me awake for homeschooling *smiles*.

WOW Hits 2013   -     
        By: Various Artists
    
 CD Title: WOW 2013
                                                Artists: Various
                                                Rating: ****

My thoughts: I'm a big fan of music and was really excited to get this for my B-day. All the songs weren't too upbeat (not hard rock or rap), and I loved the worship songs Matt Redman and Chris Tomlin. All the songs my family enjoy as well, and since we like different music genre, it'll be good to play in the car when we're all together.


Books...

 Undaunted: Student Edition: Daring to do what God calls you to do  -     
        By: Christine Caine
    
 Title: Undaunted
                                                Author: Christine Caine
                                                Rating: ****
About:
 In Undaunted: Student Edition, Christine Caine uses her dramatic life story to show teens how God rescued her from a life where she was unnamed, unwanted, and unqualified. She tells how she overcame abuse, abandonment, fears, and other challenges to go on a mission of adventure, fueled by faith and filled with love and courage. Her personal stories inspire teens to hear their name called, just as Christine heard her own---'You are beloved. You are the hope. You are chosen'---to go into a dark and troubled world, knowing each of us possess all it takes to bring hope, create change, and live completely for Christ. Part inspirational tale, part manifesto to stir readers to lives of adventure, Undaunted: Student Edition shows the way with spiritual wisdom and insight.

My thoughts: I read the non student edition and enjoyed that, and found that this one was quite similar to it. The insight is really inspiring, encouraging, and something to continue reading. Great book!

 
 Gunpowder Tea, Brides of Last Chance Ranch Series #3   -     
        By: Margaret Brownley
    
 Title: Gunpowder Tea
                                                Author: Margaret Brownley
                                                Rating: *****

About:
When Miranda Hunt sees the classified ad for an heiress to the legendary Last Chance Ranch, she knows that assuming the identity of Annie Beckman is the perfect cover. As one of the finest agents for the Pinkerton Detective Agency, Miranda has been tasked with apprehending the Phantom...an elusive and notorious train robber thought to be hiding on the sprawling ranch.

My thoughts:
Gahhh I loved this book! Exciting and a page turner! Kept me reading, and reading, until I'd finished. It was funny, serious at times, exciting, and I have to admit that the mystery wasn't solved by me until the end.
LOVE IT!

You Might Also Like

0 of your thoughts


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.