Prayer. Bible. Quiet

8:30 AM

Picture via Pinterest
Recently I've just felt very let down and depressed. I've felt that God is far away and just 'not there'.  
"Why do I feel this way?" I questioned myself yesterday evening, and then it came to me - I haven't spent time with God. Like, I haven't prayed and just talked to God in such a long time. I haven't read my Bible in weeks or just pondered what God might be saying to me. It's sad but true and this is probably one of the reasons why I've felt the way I do. 
It's really got me thinking - spending time with God should be an essential part of my life. Something that shouldn't feel like 'work',  but something I should be longing to do. I need to make God my focus in life - my light. I don't need to make a time limit or say how long I should do it. I just need to pray, read my Bible, and soak up God's love.

Spending time doesn't just mean...

doing quiet time

something we have to do every morning/evening

It means...
soaking up God's love

praying (anywhere - the shower, outside, in the car, in bed...)

reading the Bible when we're scared, hurting, joyful, encouraged - anytime!

Matthew 6:6
But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.


Having a quiet time with God can impact you, lift your spirits and most importantly it's  spending time with your heavenly Father. It's more then reading or talking - it's becoming closer to God and growing in your faith. 

So this week (and every week), I want to try to keep my focus on God - even if it's just a couple minutes a day I choose to read the Bible, or simply memorizing an encouraging a verse, sharing God's love with family or neighbors. I want Jesus' light to reflect through me and I want to make God everything in my life!

Romans 10:17
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.


You Might Also Like

1 of your thoughts


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.