Rambles Of Life Lately

1:56 PM

Picture via Pinerest 


What has life been like lately? Well to sum it up in five words... Tolkien, writing, reading, school, Christmas. To explain, I have been practically on pins and needles waiting for this Saturday to come. In other words, I can't wait to see the Desolation Of Smaug in theaters, but more on that later...Another thing that has been going on in my life lately is getting ready for Christmas. Am I the only one gasping at how 2014 is almost here? The year has really flown by! Not only that, but I just remembered how long my little blog has been public. A year and six months.... Guys, I never dreamed how much fun a blog would be! All your comments and my followers and you readers - ya'll amazing! And then back to the new Hobbit movie coming out. Anyone else planning on seeing it? Me, my Mom and lil sis plan on seeing it Saturday morning and I've thought the weekend would never come. Haha. Maybe I'll see one of you there? ;) Also maybe you saw my post on 'The Black Wanderer'? I officially got two chapters up and I'm really excited to see where this is headed. I've never done a fantasy, medieval story before and this is all new and exciting. Tolkien's books have really inspired me to write stuff like this. ☺ 
And last but not least, who has been listening to Christmas music and baking cookies and wrapping gifts? Me and my sister can't go a year without listening to the Christmas oldies (think the 40s and 50s). I thank my Mom for getting me into old Christmas musc! Haha. Though I also like listening to my Toby Mac cd and WOW Christmas too. Amazing cds there. ☺ 
So that's my ramblings for the day. What have you been up to? Merry early Christmas everyone! Have a blessed day!  

You Might Also Like

6 of your thoughts

  1. A blessing to you, Kara. You're the only person I know who has to wait as long as we do! The only one. We can make it another day longer...see you somehow in someway, or, to say it in plain English, I'll think of you while I watch it.
    Yikes! I really need to get to work on presents. :)
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the only one seeing it a day later? I thought I was. Haha. ☺ I'll think of you as well!
      Have a great day!
      Kara

      Delete
    2. I think I am annoying my family by repeating, "TODAY! TOMORROW! TODAY! TOMORROW!" over and over again! :)
      What time are you going to see it? 10:30 am for us!
      ~ S. F.

      Delete
    3. I know what you mean! My family keeps saying, "you haven't stopped talking about it!" and I haven't. Haha.
      11 am for us. ☺

      Delete
    4. what you talkin' about, s.f. girl? I AM ACTING QUITE THE SAME AND THUS WE ARE ANNOYING OUR FAMILY. :)

      Delete
  2. Ohh, I'm also so excited to see The Desolation of Smaug!!!! I'll probably see it sometime next week.
    Hahha and I agree, I am shocked at how quickly 2013 has flown by! i know I say that every year but this year really has been crazyyyy.
    Oh and I liked your post on God's love! Very encouraging !
    ~Haley

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.