You. Are. Beautiful.

3:04 PM

Picture via Pinterest 

So I was randomly flipping through papers (the ones the come in newspapers). You know - JC Penny, Kohls, Target and any store that is popular. Anyway, I found myself taking a good look at the young lady models. Each one seemed so beautiful. They looked as if a flaw had never touched their face - not one. They had the perfect bodies, not one pimple, their eye brows just so.....

I found my mind wandering to the thought, "if only I could be that beautiful........"  I know I've posted on true beauty before, but I've never really found myself staring at models and thinking, "they have it all. Beauty, they're wearing stylish clothes, and hey they're my age and actually have a job and get paid!"
It happens so quickly and all of a sudden I was comparing myself to those young models. 
Have I gained pounds? Are my clothes in style? Am I up to the world's standards? A lot of questions can fly in your mind in a matter of seconds. 
It took me a moment, but I caught myself and then it got me thinking...........................

The world depicts people in catalogs, magazines, movies, cd covers, billboards and tons more stuff, as perfect people. Everyone of those models had the perfect face shape, has the right body, hair, brows, everything!!! The world sets such high standards for true beauty when it's really quite simply. 

Let me just tell you one thing - you are beautiful. There is no question about it. You are pretty, amazing, and no you're not perfect but God made you the way you are and He loves you. You are his jewel. His princess. He created you.
"You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you." Song Of Solomon 4:7 
Never. Ever. Question your beauty, the way you were made. God doesn't care if your clothes are up to the world's standards or if you have the perfect lips, but He does care about your heart. True beauty comes from your heart - not the outward appearance. Jesus' love shining through you is the best kind of beauty you can ever have. 
You are beautiful because God made you. He created you in His image. 

Know this....
you are beautiful
you are amazing
you are God's child
you are a daughter of the King of kings - a princess
God loves you!!!!!! Just take it all in, because it's true. 

 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthian 4:16

You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. Wonderful post Kara! So true- the world's beauty is not God's beauty! Man looks on the outside but God looks on your inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Kara!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8