He died for me

2:36 PM




I was reading the words on the picture above over at Pinterest when it struck me... Jesus died for me. 
Yes, I'm a Christian and I've heard this my whole life but I finally let it sink in. Really just thought about it. 
Jesus came and died for me. He died for you. He died with you in mind. He died with me in mind. 

He knew we would reject him at times. 
He knew we would make zillions of mistakes
He knew we would be confused. 
He knew we are sinners. 
He knew we aren't perfect. 
But despite all that he died for us. He showed his love for us by dying a very painful death. He took our place! 
Because of this ultimate gift we don't have to pay the debt for our sins. Even though Jesus never sinned, he died for those who had...

You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. ~ 1 John 3:5

You Might Also Like

3 of your thoughts

  1. What a great post! I have really been trying to let that exact message sink in this past week. P.S. I can't believe there's another teenage, Christian, homeschooled Kara (with a K) out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kara! I know - that's so cool!

      Delete
  2. what a great post. How much Jesus did for us and how often I forget it. Thanks for this reminder Kara!!

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.