Tolkien Tuesdays: Scene That Made You Laugh

1:30 PM

Scene that made me laugh....


There are many scenes in LOTR that made me laugh (a lot of then have to do with Merry and Pippin ;), but one of the ones that stick out to me is when Elrond consented to Merry and Pippin being able to go with Frodo and the rest...
Merry: "Hey!"
Pippin: "We're coming too!"
Merry: "You'll have to send us home tied up in a sack to stop us!"
Pippin: "And anyway, you need people of intelligence on this sort of mission... quest... thing!."
Merry: "Well that rules you out."

Elrond: "Nine companions. So be it! You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring!"
Pippin: "Great! Where are we going?"

I laugh every time.  And then that GIF - I just had to post it! 
So what would you say? What scene made you laugh? 



You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. I'd say it's the scene where they're heading to Weathertop (?) and they keep pestering Aragorn about stopping and eating. "What about breakfast? Supper? Elevenses? Does he know about those?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - that is one of my favorites as well! Merry and Pippin and are hilarious in that scene. ☺

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.