Longing To Change It

2:25 PM

picture via Pinterest 

hiraeth
(n) a homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was: the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost places of your past


Do you ever have the yearning to go back to the past - change something that happened or you wish you could have changed? I often feel myself thinking about past mistakes I made - wishing that I could somehow go in the past and magically make it different, done something different.... I beat myself up doing it. 
We shouldn't dwell on the past because we can't change it. 

 "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past." 
Isaiah 43:18

No matter how much we want to, we can't relive things and make them better or have them go another way. God is the only one who can make things new - He's the one who can help us learn from our mistakes, or make the thing that turned out to seem bad, work out for the good. He doesn't judge us for our past or what we could have done, but wants us to see what we did wrong and learn from it. 
Through Christ we our a new person - he works everything out for good. 

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17 



You Might Also Like

1 of your thoughts

  1. what a great post Kara! I totally feel this way all the time. I've been feeling this way more recently. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8