Tolkien Tuesdays: Favorite Female Character

10:46 AM

^
I was searching Pinterest and found the above pic. Tauriel isn't in LOTR, but I loved the college and thought it fit today's post. ☺


There isn't too many female characters in the LOTR trilogy, but the three prominent ones that played roles in the films and books really made it awesome. I loved Arwen so much, but after watching Lord of the Rings a second time I had to say that I loved Eowyn even more, though I am constantly trying to figure out which one I like the best. Eowyn was so strong and the one who killed the witch king, being brave and not letting anything stop her. Arwen was gentle, kind, though also very brave, and willing to give up mortal life to marry Aragorn. I love both, so to conclude this it's a tie - I can't pick from the two! ☺
What was your favorite female?  

You Might Also Like

5 of your thoughts

  1. Arwen. She's so beautiful, and I love the story of her and Aragorn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - Arwen is gorgeous! Her and Aragorn were awesome for each other! ♥

      Delete
    2. I like their story, and I really love the story of Bergen and Luthien from The Silmarillion. It's even better in prose form in The Lays Of Beleriand. I like the line (in The Silmarillion) that goes,
      "Blue was her raiment as the unclouded heaven, but her eyes were grey as the starlit evening; her mantle was sewn with golden flowers, but her hair was as dark as the shadows of twilight. As the light upon the leaves of trees, as the voice of clear waters, as the stars above the mists of the world, such was her glory and loveliness; and in her face was a shining light."

      Delete
  2. Mine is Eowyn. I like the way you describe her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tauriel. I think they did an amazing job with her in the Hobbit! She's totally my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.