Daring to Move {A Poem}

2:31 PM


picture via the internet

Have you ever felt that you need to do something or feel that God has a certain plan for your life but you're afraid to move? It's scary making that first leap, putting all your faith in God. I wrote a short poem a while back on my feelings and thought I'd share it with you. This is unedited and I don't really know how to write poems, but I hope you like it all the same.


Daring to Move

I want to make a move - dare to make a change but I feel lost Without You, held back by heavy chains
I'm on the cliff, ready to jump
Though I long to look back I'm afraid I'll fall
I don't know if I can do it without you, but You are the one telling me to move
It's up to me to make the first step forwards and not look back
 I want to go back and step away from all these doubts haunting me
A weight is pulling me, telling me I'll
 never win that You've left me fight alone until the very end
"I'll probably fail," a voice in my head says, but when I look down You are holding my hand
The fog of doubt had covered my eyes and made me blind,
 In truth You'd been with me all this time
You never left and as I draw in a breath, preparing to take that first leap
 I realize that with you I won't fall - I'll fly
You help me succeed and will always be by my side 

You Might Also Like

7 of your thoughts

  1. That was really a beautiful poem, Kara. Liked it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I tagged you for the Sunshine Award at my blog

      http://arkansaschestertonian.blogspot.com/2014/05/sunshine-award.html

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this encouragement, Kara. :) Lovely poem!!
    Tane ♥
    tangerinetane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have already posted this but I accidentally closed out the tab before I got conformation... anyways, I tagged you for the Sunshine Award over at my blog

    http://arkansaschestertonian.blogspot.com/2014/05/sunshine-award.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't know how to write poems?! Then what is this amazing jewel that inspires me, I would like to know! :) I love it so much.
    You really do have a gift for writing.
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much S.F! Your comment really made my day!

      Delete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8