Idols

1:53 PM

picture via Pinterest 

Recently I've found myself struggling with idols and what happens when you let something become more to you then God.  I struggle with shows and movies more so then anything else - I love to watch tv in the evenings and then talk about it (ALOT!), pins lots of pins on Pinterest, and pretty much dwell on it for a good long while. There isn't anything wrong with loving to do something, but you have to watch that it doesn't become your idol. 

You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God...
Exodus 20:5

When God talks about idols in the Bible, He doesn't just mean a piece of wood but items that we tend to put above God. When you do this you put a separation between you and Him and you can become tempted to draw away from His plans for your life. 
Sometimes I have to learn to take breaks from my what I'm making my idol, and give it a rest or even just simply come to God with my worries and thoughts. I need to let the fact seek in on who is more important, and I can't let anything get in front of God. If I do I'm letting it rule my life - not the One who created me. 

You Might Also Like

1 of your thoughts

  1. Yes, I agree with you! I find that I do have idols in my life, and that I need to get rid of them. Thank you for this post and reminder!
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8