Being Imperfect

9:09 AM

As you know from my "It's Time..." post, I fear rejection and not being "good enough." I fear what other people think of me and that if I'm too different then people will think I'm weird. The thing is I can't fear other people and what they might think, because really I should only be worried about God's thoughts on how I'm living life. We aren't called to get approval from everyone around us, but from our Creator. 

  Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:12

The neat thing is, God gave us each different gifts and my gift may be different then your's. I need to use those gifts according to God's will without being afraid that people will think it's stupid to do so. 

Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith;
Romans 12:6

We aren't called to be all the same - we were created to be different and unique with different personalities, likes, and dislikes. We were created to share Christ with others and have Him shine through us in everything we do. We weren't created to please everyone but please our Father. We are all one in Christ - none one is more important or less important because of where they've walked in life.  

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Galations 3"28

You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. awesome post Kara! Just what I have been feeling lately! Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this! It's such a comfort and encouragement. <3
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8