Forgiven.

1:48 PM



It's so hard to forgive others when they've done something that hurts you (physically or with their words), or when they treat you wrong. It's sometimes one of the hardest things you will ever do because sometimes saying, "I forgive you," is letting down your pride. 
I don't like the saying, "forgive and forget," because we can't forget. No matter how hard you try you will never forget how someone has hurt you. Forgetting is something that is pretty much impossible, but what we have to realize is that forgiveness is possible - never impossible. 
God forgave you for everything you've ever done and ever will do. He sent his Son to wash us clean because he look past our dirtiness and saw something amazing that he thought would be worth saving. If He can forgive us, then it is possible for us to forgive others with His help. 

"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." Isaiah 1:18

You Might Also Like

3 of your thoughts

  1. Forgiving is one of the hardest things to do - but this quote always reminds me I have no business not forgiving anyone!
    - Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kara! I nominated you for an award on my blog www.naomiandbooks.wordpress.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, darling! I really need to forgive people a lot more then I do--especially when I've hurt someone and ask for their forgiveness but don't get it. Thank you again.
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8