People Change. Things Change {And I Don't Like It}

10:38 AM

picture via my Pinterest board



No, I don't like change. I don't like when people grow up or go a different direction in life. I don't like me changing. Change isn't all bad, I just don't like it.
 The kind of change that leaves you wishing for the days when everything seemed just right - that moment when you step out of your comfort zone and everything you're familiar with changes. 
I like change when it comes to the good things - the rain to sun, another chapter read or written, new friends and reunions with those you haven't seen in forever. I just don't like change where nothing seems normal. I start to feel melancholy sometimes when I think of how things were - when TVs were the only way people could watch videos (not that I have anything against netflix), or when land-line phones were used more then a cell phone. These things are nice, but I just don't like change.
I have nothing against it, but sometimes I just want to go back in time and for one second be a ten year old again and not have to worry about High School again this fall, passing my drivers test, or what I want to do as an adult. It may seem weird but even when the big changes come along that are amazing, I feel sad - as if my childhood is slowly fading and I'm not too sure I like it. 
I want things to somehow freeze and be this way forever,but no matter how I would like things, they're never going to stay the same. Things will continue to change and people won't always be the same. Someday I'll look back on my time as a young adult and teen and wonder where all those days went. 
For now though I'll treasure my memories in my letters from friends, scrapbooks, and my journals. Change isn't bad, but sometimes it's hard....

You Might Also Like

1 of your thoughts

  1. What you mentioned in this post is only too understandable. I also don't like change too much either and last night I was thinking about how almost everything I know about is changing and not at all the same as I once knew it. But then I remembered that there is Someone Who doesn't change. That God is and always will be there for me and that I need to trust Him more.
    Thank you so much for this post. It means a lot to me to know that I'm not alone. ♥
    Love ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8