4 Things Not To Put In Your Story

7:10 PM



Hey everyone! So I've been thinking lately about different favorite books and movies, and sometimes no matter how much I like them, there is some things that really get on my nerves a little bit. I mean sometimes people write a story and do certain things and I wonder why.... so even if you're not a writer just read my list below for fun and comment below, telling me which ones (or if any) you agree on. Or please add your own to the list! ☺
If you do these things in your story, I've not saying your wrong - this is just a post where I threw out my thoughts. :D

4 Things Not to Put in Your Story....

1) I beg you from the depths of my heart - do not, please, for the sake of any movies made about your book or for just the fans of your story, do not make the main character or one of the main characters die just for the sake of shocking us. PLEASE DON'T! Unless there is an absolute good reason.... Take Marian in Robin Hood BBC for example on why you shouldn't......

2) Don't make evil clearly labeled. Not all evil seems dark - not all sin seems like sinning. Take the white witch from the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe for example

3) Don't make your characters all guys or mostly girls... it just is sometimes annoying that way

4) Don't make your characters perfect - it just isn't realistic, unless it is how it's supposed to be in the story. Give them flaws. Show their weak points.

So that is what I don't like seeing in books - I plan on a, "6 Things to Put in Your Story," blog post soon as well. So do you agree, disagree with my list? What other things could you add to the list?

You Might Also Like

6 of your thoughts

  1. I definitely agree with you on the not making the characters perfect - it is super annoying. Real human beings like us can't relate! :) Also, you are missing #2 and #4 on your list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and telling me about my missing parts! haha I need to fix that!

      Delete
  2. I love these & they're so helpful to me! Very clearly put. Many, many thanks. :)
    I so agree with these... also I was encouraged to find that so far I haven't any of these flaws YET in my current story. I hope I never do.
    Here's a couple more I thought up, but you covered the basics. :)
    #1. don't let your female character exist merely for the sake of being a love interest. A strong female character is not one who is mentally, physically, & emotionally strong. A strong female character is one who makes her own decisions based on what she believes, one who is not afraid to fail but is more afraid not to try.
    #2. Please don't make your villain stereotypical. such as "I want revenge". Make him have inner-soul warped motivations. Maybe even allow the readers to sympathize with the villain but to NEVER endorse his actions.
    #3. Don't write cheesy, predictable love scenes. Make them actually CUTE. Like, not "oh good grief we've all seen this before." If that even makes sense.
    What do you think? Do you agree with some of these? Or not? I'd love to hear amour thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely! #2 is awesome - I wish books with villains would sometimes consider this!
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. These are real brilliant and a help for all writers. And I agree with them! And also with ^Lily's,^ too! Thank you for putting them together.
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8