A Tolkien Dictionary?! {Book Review by Kara}

1:13 PM

I love dictionaries and books that talk about my favorite movies or books, and then my Mom found this amazing Tolkien Dictionary!!! It's a whole dictionary with J.R.R Tolkien's creatures, races, and countries, by David Day. I used it while reading "The Lord of the Rings", after watching "The Hobbit", and now as I get ready to read more Tolkien books it's going to come in handy! 
It's just like a dictionary of  sorts and has a map of Middle Earth as soon as you open it up. Also everything is really descriptive, so I took a sneak peek to look up Thorin, because I was dying to know how it all ends. The ending sounds.... let's talk about that later..... 
Anyway, I also love the illustrations because I get a visual as well as reading about how races started, certain battles, etc. It is quite amazing! I also fell in love with the cover because it looks like leather and then the gold lettering was a bonus. 
The other downfall was the fact that when I searched a few things they didn't have it in the dictionary. I don't know why because though I can't remember what I was looking up, I remember he was an important character in LOTR. Really that was the only downfall though, and I will be using this a lot as I continue my journey through Middle Earth. 

You Might Also Like

3 of your thoughts

  1. A Tolkien dictionary? Who knew such a thing existed! That's epic. I'll try not to be jealous. :)
    What a brilliant find!
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just clicked over here from your reviews page. I have this dictionary! Its' great, and I love the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover too - it's awesome! ♥

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.