After It Snows

2:41 PM


I step outside right before the sun begins to shine and before the world is up. There is a silence, a complete and utter quiet. It's a silence I can't explain. It as if all noises from the world are muffled and the world has been made fresh and wiped clean. It's as if I'm the only one here and everything is under a blanket of white. All dirt is covered and there seem to be no impurities to it.  The lamppost doesn't shine, but it too is covered with little  icicles and snow. It's as if I've stepped out of the wardrobe and into another world. Narnia. 


This is just a little post I thought of while walking in the snow back at my grandparents this past Thankgiving. Every time I walk in fresh snow I feel as if the world is fresh also. I may be weird to find so much joy as to write about snow, but it's something I love about nature. It can go from the colors of fall to the amazing snow of winter. It's gorgeous here in the mountains and I hope to never leave.  

pictures via my camera

You Might Also Like

3 of your thoughts

  1. Awesome pictures, Kara. Thanks for sharing them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful snow! The last one looks like it came right from Narnia. :)
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8