Featured Blogger: S.F

12:35 PM







Hola everyone! No, I haven't forgotten my "Featured Blogger" posts and today we have another one. Meet my dear friend S.F. Her blog is amazing and she has lots of different kinds of posts that I really enjoy reading!
Thanks for doing this S.F!


Describe your blog in 5 words...  I asked my older sister Les V. to describe it for me, and she said "Lively • Honest • Simple • Welcoming • Extraordinary". 

What do like to blog about? Things I have written, fangirlings, pictures, what I've been learning, and Scriptures. (As you see, my blog doesn't really have a theme, but is a collection of many things.)

Do you prefer random posts or ones more thought out? If the time is convenient to do a thought out post, by all means I will. Most of the time, though, my posts aren't really thought out. At least they're done! :)

What is one of the things you've learned through blogging? One thing that I have learned is that 'it's better late than never' to do things. I'm contently learning that it's okay at times to not post/comment right then, because when you do things later, your head's a bit clearer and you can think better.

What is one of your favorite posts that you've written so far? "Go Ahead and Cry". (http://on-solid-ground-sf.blogspot.com/2014/02/go-ahead-and-cry.html) It's just a little writing that came to me when I was feeling sad and I take comfort in it.

Very random, but what is four random facts about it? One, I have been on the news. Two, I have fallen from a tree, off a horse and off a swing and I am still alive. Three, I was named after a famous children's book artist (S. F. is not my real name.) Four, I am learning the guitar; it's so fun!


About the title of my blog: 
The title of my blog is "On Solid Ground". I named it after a song by one of my favourite bands called the Gothard Sisters who perform Celtic music. The song "Solid Ground" was not written by the Gothard Sisters, but I think they did a wonderful cover of it and it's my favourite Gothard Sisters song. They made a music video of it which you can viewhere. Here are some of the lyrics:
"Where is the honest truth, where is the open soul, where is the simple smile
A friendly word or two for the passing stranger who may rest a while.
My father's they have said these things, and now I know
Yes didn't they know the joy that shared friendship brings? And now I know, yes didn't they know
Fa-la la la la la la, we stand on solid ground. On solid ground.
Fa-la la la la la la, we stand on solid ground. On solid ground."


You can find S.F here:

You Might Also Like

3 of your thoughts

  1. Look, it's me! :) Ehehe. . .
    Thank you so much for letting me participate in this, Kara. It was a lot of fun.
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look, it's only one of the most absolutely delightful bloggers of them all! Fa la la la la la la la! I very enjoyed this post, my dear sister (and of course Kara!).

    Blessings,
    Les

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Les, I'm so glad S.F could do it! =)

      Delete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8