Sherlock Holmes Season 1 Episode 1 - A Review

8:01 PM

Hola everyone! Today I am doing another review, but this time of an episode from "Sherlock Holmes BBC". I was quite excited to see this because I've always loved reading the Sherlock Holmes stories, and though the show doesn't take place in that time period, it has some similar stuff taken from the books. 
OK, so here goes the review...

A Study In Pink - a review 


This is the first ever episode of the Sherlock series, where Dr. Watson - a wounded, former soldier - meets up with Sherlock Holmes, a detective who solves *evil laugh* murder mysteries. They become flat mates, and Dr. Watson instantly sees that Sherlock isn't really "normal". People call this detective "psychopath" and this guy really seems to be odd. 
For one he get's very excited over a death, and two he can tell pretty much everything about you from just looking at what you're wearing, how you walk, looking at your cellphone, etc. 
Dr. Watson instantly get's thrust into a murder case with Sherlock - a case of multiple suicides it appears and then something else... a note left behind by one of the victims. 


I fell in love with the characters Sherlock and Dr. Watson immediately - the two actors cast, are perfect for the roles! I don't know how many times I laughed at their personalities! ☺ Martin Freeman (Watson) was funny in the hobbit and if you've seen that then you know what I'm talking about!
Then comes the whole mystery and dark side of the show... this is a murder case so this is one thing in the show you're probably not going to be laughing about. Most of the episode is at night, creating an even more mysterious and dark atmosphere in "A Study In Pink".  This episode kept me guessing the whole time, and I was literally on the edge of my seat.  I never knew what could possibly happen next or why everything was happening like it was! The action also was very exciting!
I also loved the fact that every time Sherlock found a clue it would show what he was thinking in words on the screen. This kept me involved, instead of just sitting there wondering what was going on and leaving me confused. 
Sherlock (so far) also isn't gory with lots of blood, but there is some violence. It has a dark side, but not too the point where I thought was extreme. There was a dead body, people explaining that so and so was dead, but you actually didn't see a person dying, or anyone being murdered. There was a shooting incident, but again this wasn't too extreme for me. I have seen things like, "Robin Hood BBC" and war movies, but everyone I am not a violent person! Re-reading this and I think I sound like I enjoy seeing people die or something..... but seriously, since Sherlock is a detective that solves murder, then this is to be expected when watching it.
The side I didn't like about this show was that people would assume Sherlock and John Watson were together - as in dates. It left me uncomfortable and I didn't like that element at all. It goes against everything I believe! 
It's really sad how the world has come to a point where you can't be good friends with someone without others assuming you are "together".  However neither of the two were "together" and John kept saying, "no - he's not my date". There was also some language, but that didn't bother me as much as the thing with guys dating. 


So overall from this very long review. I will say I did enjoy the episode, and kinda want to see more of the show. The mystery side was very good and the plot interesting, with characters I really liked -  however there were elements I didn't like so I think I shall have do to a lot of thinking first. 

So have you seen any of the show? What did you think? Do you agree or disagree with what I've said? I'd love to hear your opinions! 




You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. I absolutely LOVE this show! I watched all of it multiple times. The acting is phenomenal and the script is fantastic. It only gets better. Warning if people pointing out Sherlock and John are a couple bothers you, it does continue. However, both of them have no interest in each other in that way. John even gets married in the 3rd season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know - I'm not happy it continues to be asked or pointed out, but I'm glad Sherlock and John aren't! =)
      People are saying how fantastic the show is ,so I think I shall go on with the Sherlock and see where it leads.
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8