The Wrong Side of the Bed

9:24 AM


I absolutely despise those days when you wake up on "the wrong side of the bed"! Pretty much from the minute you wake up the day goes bad and everything you touch seems to  go wrong. It's horrible and usually leaves me wishing for a new day - even if it is only 10 in the morning! 
The thing is, this is the "big test" from God, because now I feel Him watching even more - how will I let my day effect my attitude? At times I'm pretty sure I'm failing, and this is when I see, "you know what? I need God more then I thought I did! I can't do this alone!" It's humbling to realize that you need God and you can't possibly go through life without Him. 
God allows bad things, trials, and temptations, to happen for a reason. A bad day is just a part of life, but we can (in a way), turn it around with how we let it effect our attitude. Will we be patient and take the time to see God's blessings and lean on Him, or will we turn the other way and let emotions take over?
It's so easy for me to let emotions take control - to get angry at others for how my day is going. It's easy to blame anyone who is around at the moment or circumstances, but really the only way we can make the day better and "pass the test", is to rely on God - not our own feelings. 

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. Romans 8:18 |

• Enjoy prosperity while you can, but when hard times strike, realize that both come from God. Remember that nothing is certain in this life. Ecclesiastes 7:14 •

You Might Also Like

0 of your thoughts

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8