WAIT! I'M SUPPOSED TO LOVE WHO?!

9:07 AM



I've seen the Bible verse at least a dozen or more times, but just recently have actually let it sink in.... 

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you ~ Matthew 5:44

 Loving people you're not to fond of can be hard at times - it means being kind to them and not talking bad behind their backs, but then I got to thinking and realized.... there is so many people in the world who I've never considered loving  - people I've never met and people who sometimes I tend to think of as "not human". 
Think, ISIS and those who pretty much just want to kill everyone. Those who think war is the answer to everything. Those who sell children into human trafficking.  These are the people I have never thought, "oh yes - God hates their sin, but loves the people and so should I. I think I'll just pray for them."
Don't get me wrong - when I say "I just realized it". All along I knew what God meant, but I never wanted to. I mean, I kinda let it go far back in the corners of my mind. I never took the time to actually pray for these people and it was wrong of me. 
God didn't just mean love those whom we don't like, but those who actually could care less about us - who hate us. 
Jesus died for them - He died for EVERYONE! It's pretty amazing when I think about it. 

God...
loves everyone
forgives everyone
has a plan for everyone 




You Might Also Like

2 of your thoughts

  1. This is so true! Thank you for pointing out the reality of what 'love your enemy' means. God is using you in big ways! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! It was such an encouragement to me!
      Love,
      Kara

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.