into the night

11:00 AM


I opened the door and went outside into the cold night. 
There was a peaceful hush over everything - not a sound except my breathing and the crunching of snow under my feet. Than as my eyes adjusted and I gazed upward I saw them - thousands of stars - so many that they left me breathless. They seemed to go on forever - never ending.
 Suddenly I realized that it wasn't the glow of the light on the porch reflecting around me, but from the moon.  The light reflected on the snow, and shone over the trees in my back yard and over in my neighbor's field. 
I couldn't look away - the vastness of the heavens were incredible, and I knew I could never take any picture, never describe it in any way that could do it a bit of justice. 
I felt so small in this world where we've been placed. I felt like just a little grain of sand compared to the vastness of the sky and all the little lights twinkling so far above me. It made me see God just a little bit more and His power. He is my Creator and the Creator of this universe. He made each and every star, and is absolutely perfect, yet still He loves me.  I was completely in awe.  
No matter how many times I go out at night I can never get enough, never stop being amazed.

Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these? He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name, by the greatness of his might, and because he is strong in power not one is missing.n  ~ Isaiah 40:26

You Might Also Like

3 of your thoughts

  1. Amen <3
    God's power and beauty is shown just through looking outside into his creation!
    Sometimes it's so hard for me to comprehend that the God of the universe loves ME.
    -Lauren <3
    lovingourcreator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!!! ♥ Thanks so much for your comment. =)

      Delete
  2. Love this! God is so amazing and is constantly putting me in awe, I just love his creation <3

    With Love, Elizabeth @ Whimsical Thoughts

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8