When You Don't Have That Special Someone

8:15 AM

picture via lovely Pinterest


So to start off this post -Happy Valentines Day!  For some people this day may not be the best day in the entire year, like when everyone around you has that special someone and you don't. I am currently one of those people....

Around this time those who don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend really start thinking about it all the more. This week more than anytime, I have been wondering...when God will send me my prince charming? 
 For all those who don't have that special someone, (I am including myself here), we can take this time to dwell on a different kind of love - the love of our heavenly Father. To some this may sound cheesy, but really God does love us - so much in fact that He sent His only son to die for our sins. Ladies - a man died for you!   Not just any man - but the Son of God! He looked past our sins and saw something beautiful. He sacrificed himself so you wouldn't have to.
 If there is a guy reading this, then just let the fact sink in that Jesus died for you. What an ultimate way to show love! Jesus is our Savior, and though this Valentines Day it may not be the same without that significant other, it is a wonderful time to just take in God's love. 

|“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine... Y
ou are precious in my eyes,
    and honored, and I love you." Isaiah 43:1-4|

Jesus calls you by name. He has redeemed you. He loves you with an everlasting love. You are His.  
Happy Valentines Day readers!
Love and blessings, 
Kara Lynn♥

Note to all you who read this last year: Since this is one of my most favorite posts I've ever written, I decided to edit it and just post it again. Hope you enjoyed it! 

You Might Also Like

3 of your thoughts

  1. Thanks for reminding us of how much we are loved. Not just my another person. Happy Valentine's Day!!! -Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful, Kara Lynn! This is something that so many of us girls need to hear and dwell on...myself included! So thank you <3

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8