winter is still upon us {a pictures and words post}

9:09 AM









I look outside and still the snow is upon the trees and clinging to bushes. I think I've stepped into Narnia (we even have a lamppost by our drive away to go along with the look). At times I really don't like the snow, because it pretty much confines us to our house, but then the sun shines down and everything looks white and pure, and just reminds me of Jesus' love. It's beautiful, clean, and amazing. Pictures just don't do the morning justice.  The other day several events led us to meeting some of our neighbors down the road, and it made me feel a little closer to this place I call home. Everything is just so peaceful here and really I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world. At times I've wanted to see what it would be like to live in the city, but then when I look about the country I'm happy God called me and my family here. 

You Might Also Like

6 of your thoughts

  1. Spectacularly beautiful post, Kara. We recently got some snow here in Texas - quite unexpected for March for us, and you put my thoughts and feelings about it into words perfectly. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynette! That's awesome that y'all got snow - how much was it?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Ah, yes, winter is still here.
    The pictures of the snow are so captivating. You described the snow perfectly. It's true that it looks like Narnia!
    Have fun in that lovely, cold, white stuff!
    ~ S. F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks S.F! As always, your comments brighten my day. ♥

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8