7 Of My Favorite Books Right Now

9:04 AM

^ Excuse the slightly random background (the kitchen floor) ☺


So every week or so it seems I get (or read) a new favorite book, either from the library or a free book review blogging program. Right now my favorites are so diverse right now though - I go from a classic to a suspense to a historical fiction. So here are seven that I've been enjoying of late or just would love to recommend!

 In teen fiction...
"Destination Unknown" by Amy Clipston
This is so far one of my favorite pieces of the Christian teen genre! It's realistic, fun, inspiring, and deals with a lot of issues I am (like God's plan for my life). 

In the suspense genre...
"No Place to Hide," from Lynette Eason
I haven't read too much suspense before and this one was AMAZING! I'm going to do a book review on it in a few days so be on the lookout for that!

In the historical realm...
"The Auschwitz Escape" written by Joel C. Rosenburg
*cough cough* this has nothing to do with the
review but it's true! 
This would fall in the suspense genre, but I also consider it historical. I don't think I could hardly put it down the whole time! I am a fan of world war 2 books and movies, and this one I had high expectations for (and all of them were met and went above). Now if only there was a movie to go with the book...

In the devotional section...
"Experimenting God," from Henry T. Blackaby and Claude V. King
Fun fact: my parents met Mr. Blackaby a while back (like when I was really young). Very inspirational read!

In the romance part of the world...
"Forever With You," from the keyboard (or pen - whichever she used), of Robin Jones Gunn
Love this author - I've read a lot of her books since I was like eleven and never have not liked one.

From the fantasy area of life...
"The Voyage of the Dawn Treader," by the one and only C.S Lewis
Another fun fact: Did you know C.S Lewis and J.R.R Tolkien were friends? 
And I won't go fangirling on you about this book - if you've read my blog long enough then you know I love Narnia. Enough said. =)

And the classics...
"The Hound of Baskerville," and written by Sir. Arthur Conan Doyle 
I saw the show (BBC Sherlock), read the children's edition of this book, and now it was time for the original. Now as I read this I want to see the show again haha!

So there is my favorites - what is your's? Have you heard (or read) any of the books I listed?

You Might Also Like

4 of your thoughts

  1. Yay! Always enjoy Lynette's books. Such a great suspense writer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. C. S. Lewis is really pretty amazing. "The Last Battle" is my favorite of the Narnia series. It. Is. Beautiful. And, yep, I did know they were friends.

    I've recently finished "Like Moonlight at Low Tide" by Nicole Quigley. It was mostly great. Not always, but mostly
    Blessings!

    http://teensliveforjesus.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read Like Moonlight at Low Tide before but I've heard of it and the author.
      Yes - all the Narnia series is beautiful! I love them all. ♥ Blessings!

      Delete
    2. I've never read Like Moonlight at Low Tide before but I've heard of it and the author.
      Yes - all the Narnia series is beautiful! I love them all. ♥ Blessings!

      Delete

I'm so glad you're commenting! I absolutely love to read every single one you send my way, and I will try to answer as many as possible.
Feel free to share a prayer request or give your opinions on a post.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith"
Ephesians 2:8