Five Qualities I Want In My Future Husband {Part 2}

8:34 AM

I did this awhile back, but I have another five coming your way today. 
So here it 'tis (along with the list from last time in case you missed it)....

 1.  A man after God's own heart. This one is the most important to me, because I could never marry anyone who did not put God first in His life and love his Savior more than he loved me. I love Jesus so much and my husband will have to as well! 

2. A man who enjoys and loved children. My dream is to not only one day be a wife, but a mother as well, and not only do I want to have children, but adopt. I feel God calling me to this and really it has been on my heart for as long as I can remember! 

3. A man who doesn't look on outward appearance. Only Jesus can truly see to someone's heart and what they're truest feelings are. I want to marry a guy who doesn't judge someone by what they're wearing, or where they live, but see them as God's children. 

4. A man who respects his parents. We all have parents (I know that for a fact ;), and I want a man to respect his. Perhaps his parents aren't living, they're divorced, or were abusive, but that doesn't mean he has to talk bad about them and treat them like dirt. As God's children we're supposed to love everyone - even those haven't treated us the greatest. 

5. A man who respects my parents. My parents are two of the greatest people I've ever known, and I love them so much! They care about me, and I know they pray that God will send me a man who loves Jesus more than anything. I want the man I marry to not only respect his parents and
me, but my parents. I want him to respect their rules and their advice. 

6. A man who wishes to help others and share the gospel with everyone. Now this doesn't mean he has to be a missionary, but I would love to marry someone who tries to show Christ  in everything he does.  I want him to be someone who doesn't back down from defending his faith when necessary or helping a family who needs it.  
I also am very passionate about helping those with addictions and people living on the streets. I would love to one day dedicate my life to helping people like that (Lord-willing), and if this is indeed God's plan then I want my husband to share the same desire. 

7. A man who is willing to guide me. In the Bible it talks about it...
But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. ~ 1 Corinthians 11:3

I'm someone who likes to be the leader and take control of a situation, but as one day I hope to be a wife, I need to learn to let go sometimes. 
I want my husband to be there to give advice, to be there to protect me, and be there so together we can train up our children in the way God wants us to. 

8. A man who doesn't let his anger control his life. Anger is very powerful - it can make you do and say things that you will later regret. Only God can help you overcome it, and I'm trying so hard to be a person who isn't controlled by anger (it's difficult!). 

9. A man who builds me up and doesn't tear me down. I don't want to marry someone who always points out everyone's faults, speaks badly about people behind their backs, and is just someone who is constantly down about life.   

10. A man who is my best friend. I want to marry someone who will laugh with me, cry with me, hold me when I'm sad, read and watch TV shows with me - a man who will pray with me, and be there to encourage me in my walk with God. I want someone who'll love spending time with my family, and be friends with my brothers. 

So there it is - ten qualities I want in my future husband. They are ones I thought hard about and the kind of man I pray for. 

So do you have anything to add to the list? I'd love to hear them! 


You Might Also Like

3 of your thoughts

  1. This is a beautiful post! Love all the qualities you listed.
    It's really cool that you want to adopt. Adoption is my dream too. I've told my mom that I picture myself with four kids-one biological and three adopted. I especially imagine adoption from China. Haha. I guess I still have to see what God has planned for my future. :)
    I so enjoyed reading this!
    -Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Christine! I have pretty much the same picture in my head for myself except maybe six kids (like my parents have) - one biological and three adopted.
      Thanks again for your comment!
      Love and in Christ,
      Kara

      Delete
    2. opps *one biological and five adopted* :)

      Delete


Comments make me smile, lift my spirits and give me the motivation to continue writing. In return I'll comment on your blog, because you're awesome and deserve it.